Thursday, October 20, 2011

At least the Cardinals are in the World Series!

This week has got to be over soon! Right?

We had Cognitive Abilities Testing Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. First thing in the morning for one hour and this is their first standardized test. Ever. They actually did really well with their focus and stayed quiet for longer than I ever thought possible.


Of course these tests require #2 pencils and every single one of my students needed to sharpen theirs. Oh, I forgot to mention that my only pencil sharpener broke last week. And the school doesn't have any spares. So I went to Target (my favorite store) and bought one that's purple! I also bought some cool tie-dye #2 pencils for the kiddos to have. I went to sharpen the pencils at school Monday morning and the pencil sharpener requires four AA batteries. All of the batteries in the building are rechargeable and none of them were charged. Just my luck.


Then Mrs. Principal decides to do an informal observation. As I'm testing! The only comment I received afterward was "Good job reading those directions." Hmm, could this have anything to do with the fact that we have our state visit next week? Anyway, at least those tests are all done and over with for this year!


Fast forward to today. I had previously been working on a grant to get iPods for my classroom. It's due tomorrow and I was going to send it to a coworker to have it looked over before sending it. It's nowhere to be found. My computer
ate it! I took it up to our technology genius and she couldn't find it either! Ugh. Back to the drawing board. I'm not even sure that fits into my schedule now. (And here I am blogging instead of working on things I should be doing...)

Next week we have conferences. And the state visit. I still have 2 parents to track down and schedule with. And of course, those are the parents I have been trying to schedule meetings with for 6 weeks now! Tuesday is going to be a very long day. Teaching all day then sitting in on a panel of teachers to answer questions from the Board of Education. Then rushing back to school to have conferences until 7:30. Good thing we have a three day weekend next week! I'll definitely need it to recover!


On the up side, the St. Louis Cardinals are in the World Series and they won Game 1! Go Cards!


Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment