Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

First and foremost, I'm glad you're here and able to read this! That means you survived the Valentine party today! Mine was great! We have parents plan the whole thing and come in and do everything with the kiddos. I have a room parent that is the BEST! She planned everything for both second grade classrooms, organized the other parent volunteers and supplied all of the items for the party. I just had to hang out, help out and take lots of pictures!

I am finally back to normal and no longer feeling sick and exhausted. It took about a week for me to get over whatever I had. Mrs. Taller-Second-Grade-Teacher and Mrs. Terrific-First-Grade-Teacher both ended up with it, too. I have not had a full class in about 3 weeks. It seems like almost everyone (except those sweetest little darlings that know how to push every single button...) has come down with something. Yesterday I sent a little girl home because she had really red cheeks, a tummy ache and had one of those "something just isn't right" manner. (You know what I'm talking about...) She didn't have a fever but her mom came and picked her up because this has happened before. Mom made an appointment and got her in right away to be tested for strep. It came back positive. This is the fourth or fifth time she's had it. Poor thing!
So this week we have notes going home for strep. Last week (or was it two weeks ago?...) we had to send notes home for head lice. I am so ready for winter to be over so we can finally get rid of the hats and gloves and colds and cough and yuck!

Maybe tomorrow we'll have all of the kiddos back and I can have a normal day with them! Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up...

Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful day and I'll try to blog more often now that things are getting back to normal around my house. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla! I just found your blog and am your newest follower!

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your blog! It would work for me too! Or maybe "shorter than everyone but the primary kids". =)

    Glad you found my blog. I'm following back. =)

    Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete